The Wyoming Gay-Straight Alliance Network seeks to create new GSAs, support existing ones, and works to educate, empower, and organize student leaders across the Equality State.
Wyoming Equality launched The GSA Network as part of a comprehensive plan to empower LGBTQ and allied students to foster safer and more inclusive environments in their schools. To support these student efforts, the Wyoming GSA Network will develop resources for Gay-Straight Alliances to educate their schools and communities.
The Network was also created to connect Gay-Straight Alliances across the state of Wyoming, enabling them to learn from each other and engage in regional and statewide leadership development programs.
- We train LGBTQ students and their allies to advocate for school policies and practices that will foster learning environments inclusive of all students
- We work with LGBTQ students and their allies to establish, expand, and further develop Gay-Straight Alliances in their schools
- We connect LGBTQ and allied student leaders from across Wyoming in their fight to create schools where all students can be who they are in safe and respectful learning environments
- We provide funding for school based GSA events and/or meetings
- We work to ensure GSAs are spaces where all students are welcome, including queer and trans youth of color (QTYOC), indigenous students, and undocumented students
About Wyoming Equality
Wyoming Equality strives to achieve equity for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, two-spirit, and queer Wyomingites by building broad and inclusive communities, shifting the hearts and minds of our neighbors, and achieving policy victories.
A Wyoming where the dignity and humanity of all LGBTQ Wyomingites is celebrated and protected in the communities we call home.
Wyoming Equality provides the following services for the Wyoming LGBTQ Community:
- Emailed quarterly newsletter entitled the United Voice, with over 4,000 subscribers
- A website with up-to-date information: www.wyomingequality.org
- A variety of annual social events including Rendezvous, our annual camp-out; a casino night; and dances
- Conferences and support groups
- Organized activities of interest to our members
- Community service workshops of interest to the LGBTQ+ community
- Political advocacy
- Wyoming GSA Network website
- Statewide GSA training, support, and development
Membership in Wyoming Equality is open to any person who seeks to support the lesbian, gay, bisexual, two-spirit, transgender, and queer community in Wyoming, and must be renewed annually. Members will receive an emailed quarterly newsletter, member discounts, and free personal advertising in United Voice.
Wyoming Equality has staff and an elected board of volunteer directors responsible for managing the various services, events, and finances. Members are welcome at our general meetings, usually the 2nd Monday of each month. Please call 307.778.7645 for time and location.
Wyoming Equality is a non-profit organization registered with the State of Wyoming as United Gays and Lesbians of Wyoming, and is recognized as a tax-exempt organization under section 501c(3) of the IRS code. Donations to Wyoming Equality are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.